$21,000 to sole charter the boat for group bookings
Looking for the ultimate in reef and sport fishing? This 5 Night Charter travels to the most remote Territory fishing grounds accessible from Darwin. You’ll have the time to experience world class bottom fishing, pelagic fishing and sport fishing whilst still able to relax, unwind and truly enjoy the tropical waters of the Top End.
Reef and Sport fishing at its best!
Depart Darwin from the Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal at 6pm. Sit back, relax and enjoy the sunset and tropical night as we steam to one of many remote fishing destinations in the Top End. In the weeks leading up to your departure we’ll discuss with you what your interests in fishing are and then, taking the tides and weather conditions into consideration, we’ll choose from destinations such as:
- Flat Top Banks
- around the Tiwi Islands
- Cobourg Peninsula
- Peron Islands
- Cape Ford and Cape Scott
- Arnhem Land
We may be able to take in a number of these destinations, for instance a great trip is the combination of Flat Top Banks with the Tiwi Islands. Owner, Shaun Uden, has many years experience and plans the charters meticulously for the best fishing action.
Your crew will introduce you to your new home for the next five nights, Northern Exile, and prepare sunset nibbles and dinner for you as we make our way to the fishing destination.
Northern Exile is a 46 foot Westcoaster that has a large back fishing deck with plenty of space, shade, rod holders and seating. Inside is an air-conditioned saloon area, basic air-conditioned bunk and camp bed style accommodation and a separate bathroom with freshwater shower and flushing toilet.
The itinerary is open as it will change from trip to trip depending on the destination, your interests and the best fishing action. But as a rule, we’ll move about the reefs, shoals and drop offs fishing for different species around the different tidal movements. Common species are golden snapper, Spanish mackerel, red emperor, coral trout, long tail tuna, giant and golden trevally, queenfish, blue salmon, chinamen fish, mangrove jack and more. Some less common species that we regularly come across are long nosed emperor, rankin cod, red bass, moari bass, spangled emperor, golden spotted cod and more. Many charters record over 30 species of fish brought on board.
We only use the best fishing gear and tackle, with a mixture of Shimano, Penn and Daiwa Reels and Ugly Stick rods. These are all provided for your use along with delicious meals prepared for you each day by your crew. A mixture of bacon, egg, toast, cereal and fruit breakfasts, cold meat and salad or BBQ lunches and sunset nibbles with BBQ and salad dinners. We have lots of snacks on board and plenty of iced drinking water and hot drinks.
- Qualified and professional fishing guides
- Quality and well maintained fishing equipment including a mixture of Shimano, Penn and Daiwa reels with Ugly Stick rods and a variety of tackle
- Delicious fresh barbecue style meals
- Cold water, tea, coffee and snacks
- Sunset nibbles each night
- Large air-conditioned saloon and sleeping quarters
- A mixture of camp beds, bunks and swags with linen and pillow
- A toilet and fresh-water shower
- Just bring a small bag with change of clothes, towel and toiletries
- Don’t forget your hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt, camera and video (power is available to recharge batteries)
- BYO alcohol and soft drinks – a large esky is available for your use – no glass please
- (Please note that responsible drinking is a requirement on these charters)
- Departs Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal (5 minutes from Darwin City Centre)
- All experience levels welcome
- Minimum of 6 passengers for charter to depart maximum of 8